Tuesday July 10th, 2007|
Ok, a lack of updates recently but certainly not a lack of work. I did transition training with Pierre Smith this weekend. I have photos but they are on my other digital camera. I'll post the photos on the appropriate days when I get a chance. Anyway...I came out to the airport Sunday after we got back from Louisville but I didn't take any photos because I was covered in epoxy from epoxing a reinforcing strip and riveting nutplates to the left wingtip. Today I came out and it was cured. I spent a little while trying to get the wingtip to actually fit again. The aft end of the tip would not fit all the way under the skins. The problem is the reinforcing strips added enough thickness so that the outboard aileron attach bracket was bumping it. A little cut-off wheel action (on the wingtip, not the wing!) and everything worked out fine.
...and here I'm drilling out the left wingtip and making reinforcing strips. There are many nutplates here and this takes forever. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll be able to finish up epoxying the left wingtip.