Sunday July 1st, 2007|
FWF Mostly Done
Today I finished tidying up a bunch of stuff and I ran the engine briefly for what should be the last time before the first flight. I cycled the prop (which took a couple of tries to get oil up there but it definitely cycled). I did discover a slight oil leak around the oil temperature probe on the oil filter adapter but after some reading I discovered that I'm missing a 'crush washer'. Before shutdown I made sure to get the throttle to the point I wanted it to idle and I set the throttle lock. After getting out I ran the idle screw to the stop, so now my idel problem should be cleared up.
On this engine run I wanted to ensure that I was having no electrical noise in the system so I brought my headset with me and after the engine was up and running I tried it out. Absolutely no noise! Perfect. A Cherokee was in the pattern so I called and asked for a radio check "Loud and clear". Good enough for me! Very cool. My fuel pressure is now reading 30.0. Geez...I have no idea where it should be. There's no provision for calibrating it in the Dynon unit. You can only select a sensor type. I'll deal with it.
So basically I'm calling the firewall forward mostly done. I just need to get a hand to hold a wrench on the eyeballs whilst I tighten them up and I need to install the seal material around the FAB. I did RTV up the baffles tonight. I bought three tubes or RTV and used about 1/4 or one of them.
And a head-on shot for the fun of it.