Sunday June 24th, 2007|
Misc Safetying, etc.
First thing tonight was Jerry helped me pull the prop off enough to double-check that the prop flange o-ring was installed. I had neglected to check it when I installed the prop so we backed the prop off enough to see down inside. Sure enough, the o-ring was there. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
After confirming the prop had it's o-ring I finally safetied the front spinner plate bolts.
Then I sat the tension on the alternator belt and torqued and safetied the retaining bolt.
That's really about all the pictures I got tonight, but I did quite a few other things.
A friend of mine and fellow RV builder Ron Brown's son Andy (who is an A&P) came out and showed me how to time my mags. My right mag timing was all out of whack because of my removing it to install various fittings. Thanks Andy! You've got a ride coming in this thing!
After everyone left I safetied the prop bolts. Dad-gum that thing is not easy to safety but I got it done. I'll have some folks check out the prop safetying job before I fire up the engine.
I also final installed (I think) the FAB. That sucker is done!