Wednesday May 16th, 2007|
H-stab Tip Work
Today I continued working on the tips. You may have seen my previous posts (years ago) where I installed the h-stab tips. Well, it was a very crappy job and I'm completely redoing it. Anyway...here are the new tips drill to the h-stab along with the installed elevator. Notice also that I sanded and primed the elevator counter balance arm. It came out pretty good -- not perfect but I can always do that while prepping to go to the paint shop.
After drilling the rib I made a foam rib and epoxied it into the tip, then laid two layers of BID over the foam. Tomorrow I'll sand out the overhang of the glass and then fill this was the West Systems fairing filler.