Wednesday April 4th, 2007|
Flow Transducer, AFP Install Done
As I mentioned yesterday, I cut away a little of the AFP mounting plate to allow clearance for the wires. I also wrapped some split conduit around the wires.
More conduit....you can also see that I completed the fuel line. It's sort of going at a funky angle but it works. The line looks a little kinked at the 90 degree bend but it must be some sort of visual effect...believe me....it's a nice smooth curve. The air tool oil was for use on my flaring tool.
And here's another shot. You can see where I mounted the flow transducer. I actually notched a little of the mounting bracket out so the transducer could sit a little farther aft. This way I can eliminate some potential interference with the part that covers this entire thing.
BTW: All of this work (actually the last couple of days) was done with me laying in the fuselage with my chest on the center section. I would love to say that this stuff is final installed but I'm going to wait to screw it in until I'm absolutely sure. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to have to remove the pump to get the fuel lines out to the tanks.