Friday March 23rd, 2007|
Trio Servo Install; 'Fixed' Trio GPS Feed
After getting back from Puerto Rico I was sick as a dog. I was already feeling it coming on before I left so I know that I didn't get sick there. Anyway...I've felt horrible all week and had stuff to do almost every night. This afternoon I finally felt like getting up and doing something. This is one of those bugs where if you move around you feel OK, but when you sit you start getting stopped up again.
Anyway...I installed the servo in the wing using the SafeAir1 kit. It's fairly simple -- the only difficulty is reaching through the lightening holes to do everything.
See what I mean?
Here you can see that I've wired up the connector and tie-wrapped it to the conduit. I think that's an acceptable fix.
I went back inside and checked my e-mail and Chuck from Trio had written me back. He had been the one helping me debug my problem. Well, to make a long story short, there was no problem at all. I had the GPS in simulation mode but apparently the GPS doesn't output ALL of the data in simulation mode, presumably to prevent someone from actually navigating by it if the simulation disabling jumper were to fail on back of the GPS. Next I'll need to figure out how I want to share the GPS data with the autopilot, the Dynon EMS and the SL-40. The GX-50 docs say you can split it up to 4 times. Oh well, I'll figure it out.
Check it out! Got the registration! Awesome! Now I just need to finish and get an airworthiness inspection. :-)