Wednesday March 7th, 2007|
Ok, tonight I worked late but I did set out to get something done regarding the hoses. I need to seriously figure out which hoses I'm going to be able to use and which one's I won't be able to use. Here's the mixture arm and the fuel inlet port on the FI servo. I was a bit worried about the clearance between the hose and the servo arm but it looks like it's going to be fine.
The outlet on the servo has this fitting. I think I will need to replace this guy with a 45-degree fitting.
This looks like the best way to make this hose happen is to bring is back behind the sump instead of around the side of it. In case you're confused, this is the hose that goes up to the flow divider.
Ok, here's the engine-driven fuel pump to servo hose. A long while ago I installed the steel fitting on the fuel pump from Van's that gives you an output for a restrictor fitting for the fuel pressure transducer. That fitting is probably not going to work because it makes the hose interfere with the engine mount.
I don't want to bring the hose too far over though...I already have minimum clearance with the exhaust. I will probably add additional firesleeve over the hose and a heat shield on the exhaust at this point. I may secure the hose to the engine mount to keep it off the exhaust but I'm not sure if that's completely kosher.
This firesleeved hose there is the one prop governor hose. I'm not sure why they make it so dad-gum long. My goodness...it's about 3 inches longer than it needs to be.
And here you can see from above how I'm running the hose through the baffles. My only concern with this location is it puts a little side load on the hose. Also I will need to somehow stand the hose off of the baffles. You can see how it gets very close to the baffles (just below the rubber mount in this photo).
I may have generated more questions than answers today. Oh well...they're questions that had to be asked.