Thursday February 22nd, 2007|
Started Trimming Baffles to Top Cowl
Continuing baffle stuff....I removed the front bulkheads and just left the rear bulkheads and the side bulkheads on #3 and #4 cylinders. Then I started trimming down, putting the cowl on as able. My idea is to get the rear fit first then I can just work my way forward, one part at a time. The last thing to do will be the forward bulkheads.
I'm using the trick of putting a washer on a Sharpie pen to mark the contour. You can see here that it's working pretty well. Obviously this is a rough cut and it will get sanded down and polished on the edges.
And here's a shot along the side. You can see that the bulkhead here is touching the cowl. I have no idea how to do the pen/washer trick here since I can't get my arm up in there.