Wednesday November 15th, 2006|
Cowl Trimming, Drilling
I've pretty much decided that the cowl is one of those areas where you pretty much just have to fudge the whole process. The plans are not terribly helpful. I'm going with camlocks around the firewall and hinges along the sides. A lot of people do this setup these days and it comes highly recommended. Anyway...I did manage to get the cowl to the point that I felt comfortable making my first holes in the thing. I drilled the two halves together. The best I can tell, the next step was to remove the flanges along the sides of the bottom half of the cowl, so I did that as carefully as possible with my cut-off tool and the plexi cutting wheels used for the canopy.