Friday March 31st, 2006|
Made, Drilled Canpy Side Skirts
Today I decided to press on with the canopy in spite of the small crack yesterday. Today I ordered some acrylic solvent that's basically a glue for this stuff. I'm going to try to wick the glue into the crack to see up the crack. I'm not too worried about the crack there because this thing is going to be held on with many, many, many screws. One crack isn't going to cause a problem as long as the crack doesn't continue upward on the canopy. Oh well, anyway...I went ahead and worked on the side skirts. I measured them out and then drilled them to the canpy frame. Believe it or not this takes quite a while. Here's the right side.
And now the inside of the left side.
And the outside of the left side. These skirts still need to get drilled to the frame for the screws but I'm holding off for tomorrow for that. Anyway, once I do that and trim down the tops of the skirts I'll be ready to prep, prime and rivet the skins to this frame permanantly. I'm not sure if the skirts get riveted at this point or not. Need to check up on that in the manual.