Thursday March 23rd, 2006|
Trimming Rear Window
Today was nearly freezing outside. I had to wait again for the garage to warm up so I could work on the canopy. Anyway, I started out by strapping/taping the rear part of the canopy down, making a rough mark along the top skin, then making a rough cut enough to get the canopy to tuck down under the top skin. I ended up having to make another cut along the aft center portion to get it in there.
Anyway, here you can see the rear window portion of the canopy in place. Just fidgeting with this thing trying to get it right. It doesn't really line up properly with the forward part. There's a gap as the canopy runs down the sides. This was completely expected. I think that I may end retaping the rollbar, marking a new, very precise line with where the front of of the canopy lies, then trimming the aft portion to the new line. Seems like a plan
Another random shot.
Here you can see how the rear window tucks up under the skin. I seriously believe that all the vinyl covering on the plexi is causing some fit issues here. I may remove the vinyl to just forward of the skin.