Friday February 17th, 2006|
Started Fitting New Canopy Weldment
Today I got the replacement canopy frame from Van's. Fedex was saying it wasn't going to show up until Tuesday but sure enough Jaime found it tucked behind some bushes. Van's never ceases to amaze me with the way they securely pack parts. It's amazing. Looks like I got their entire recycle bin. :-)
Then I started fitting the frame to the fuselage. This is basically a repeat of stuff I did on the old weldment.
But on this one I'm having a little more difficult time getting it to butt all the way against the forward top skin. This is the left side.
...and this is the right side. The problem is the 'goose necks' are interfering with the stops that are bolted between the UHMW hinge blocks.