Thursday February 16th, 2006|
More Canopy Frame Construction
I ordered a new canopy frame weldment and have been waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime I decided to press on with the other parts of the canopy construction. I taped over the rollbar and marked the preliminary location of screws for the plexi. Then I clamped the aft canopy channels to the rollbar and transfered the rollbar holes to the new parts. The drawings show the holes on the rollbar and canopy channels to be perfectly aligned with each other but I don't know if this is necessary. At any rate, I'm going to keep them aligned for neatness sake.
After I figured out the hole locations I spent a little while fluting the channels. I made sure to put the flutes between the hole locations. Many people have reported having to put really deep flutes in here, but I really didn't need to.