Thursday February 2nd, 2006|
Canopy Latch Pushrod; Completed Brake System
Today I made the canopy latch pushrod and installed it. There's a slight interference issue with the latch angles that are riveted to the side of the fuselage. I need to pick up a 1-inch sanding drum to take care of this. Will do later.
My brake system was still incomplete since I was waiting on some parts. I got those the other day and decided to go ahead and finish that up. The brake system in the fuselage is now complete. The only thing left is the run down the gear legs to the brakes themselves (you know...the important part).
In preparation for fitting the canopy frame I bolted the canopy hinge blocks to the fuselage. I also riveted the smaller (I believe the part number is F-622) ribs to the center of the sub-panel.