Tuesday January 3rd, 2006|
Riveted Rudder Exit Fairings; Ready to Prime
Today I got a cool order in from Van's. It included my seat belts. You can tell that I opted for the 5-point harnesses. I also ordered the crotch-strap anchor kit that I'm going to install before I paint. I figure if I get this stuff a little bit at a time it'll make it go (seem) a little easier on the wallet.
I also ordered a mag key switch.
The reason I went ahead and ordered the mag key switch is because it comes with these nifty locks. I'm planning on using the map box in the panel and I'm going to put a lock on it so we'll have a place to put things at fly-ins, etc. I'm also considering some way I can incorporate this into the canopy. This has been done a lot on sliding canopies but I don't believe it's been done on a tip-up.
Anyway, I went outside and scuffed all the inside of the three remaining skins for tomorrow's big priming session. Then I went ahead a used my new SW self-etching primer and primed and riveted the rudder-cable exit fairings. I'm pretty proud of these things since I actually made them from scratch (yes, builders of older kits probably think that's lame...considering they had to make MANY parts from scratch).
I also clecoed on the skins and marked off the mating surfaces that I'm going to prime.