Thursday December 29th, 2005|
Finished Cabin Frame; 'Fixed' Seat Interference Issue
This morning I got up and threw toby (our dog) into the truck and we drove over to Ace to get a #29 bit. When we got back home I drilled out the forward screw holes, tappped them, drilled the skin to #19 and dimpled it. It fit pretty good on both sides.
Next I set out to fix the seat back issue. I studied the problem for a while. Then I thought I would just try switching the seats to see how that worked. Hmm...well...it worked perfectly. I have about 1/8th clearance on each side from the edge of the seat back to the cabin frame. Weird.
Next I decided to get the electric aileron trim installed. You start by trimming this bracket and match-drilling two holes to the seat pans, then drilling two additional holes to the bracket and seat ribs.
This UHMW block gets several holes drilled in it and the tube you see there gets cut down. This will get attached with a cotter pin, but I don't have a 1/16th inch bit. I need to get one to continue.
The holes drilled in the block get match-drilled to the bracket and the bracket get nutplates. I'll continue with this tomorrow.