Saturday November 12th, 2005|
Flew to Rome; Right Flap Is Rigged
Wow...what a crappy week. Almost nothing done on the project due to the day job and every other possible random thing that could happen this week. Anyway, today I set out to get the flap pushrod holes cut out. Here I've re-insalled the flap motor and torque tube. (nevermind all the crap in here)
Then I started enlarging the pilot holes for the cutous that the pushrods will go through. You can see the tip of the unibit coming through the lower corner rib flange.
Then Jaime and I rented a 172 and went over to Rome for our neice's birthday party. We had a good time. More pictures of that are here.
An hour or so later...I had the hole cut to size. You can see here the shape of the cutout. This is with the flaps fully retracted.
And this is fully extended. This will get covered with a panel that's already be fit and drilled.
And here's the hole on the side. The bearing on the flap has to come up into the fuselage so this hole needs to be rather large. Lots and lots of filing going on here. Nevermind the scotch-brited place on the side skin. That's where I put a nice big fat couple of scratches when fitting the steps and I smoothed everything out. I started the left one but then got tired and had to go in. I think it will go much faster now that I know the general shape the pushrod needs to be.