Tuesday October 25th, 2005|
Riveted Hinges To Seat Pans
Yesterday we had a plumer come out to fix a small leak in the master bathroom of our house. The master bath is over the garage. When Jaime got home from work today the leak had turned into a downpoor and an RV project disaster was narrowly averted. Let's just say I was a little ticked...and the plumbing company sent someone else back out to fix it right this time.
If the garage ceiling falling in wasn't bad enough, I received my new gear leg weldment from Van's (this is #4) and it had the crap bent out of it. You can see here that the powdercoating flaked off as a direct result of the bend.
And here's another angle.
I took gobs of pictures as evidence for Van's, then proceeded to try to straighten the weldment back out. I think I did an OK job. I then sanded down the area and used some of my touch-up paint I bought from Van's. I think it looks pretty good...now only if it fits. The outter hole may be a little off..but I can live with that. If this thing is completely out of wack I'll send the pictures to Van's to get them to send me another one.
Then on to real project work, I managed to get the floor hinges riveted into place using my c-frame tool. I also installed all the screws in the pans to make sure all the platenuts are good to go. It's a good thing I did too, 'cause I actually missed one. Anyway....the platenuts went it very well. I'll probably leave the pans in until I mate the wings.