Sunday August 21st, 2005|
More Drilling Of Random Parts
Today was a busy day. First I mowed the lawn, then busted up the finish kit crate and piled the pieces on the back of my truck.
First thing on the project I did today was rivet these little tabs that connect the 704 vertical bars to the longeron. You can't really see the longeron here 'cause the canopy decks are over it, but I didn't feel like pulling the decks back off to take a picture.
Speaking of the decks, here they are with the front drilled onto the longeron. The left side came out perfectly, but the right side...errrhmm....sort of sucks. I've got a little space between the deck and the skin so I'm going to fill it in with Super-fil.
Here's the right side.
Then I drilled the right longeron-to-enginemount-to-firewall stiffener gusset. This thing has very tight spacing for the rivets...I have no idea why. It's not like the gusset is very thick.