Tuesday March 29th, 2005|
Removed Right Flap Brace (arrgh!)
Today I had work all day and then a meeting in the evening for our EAA Chapter's hosting of the EAA B-17. Should be a lot of fun.
At any rate, I did make it out to the garage. I decided to just go ahead and try my hand at drilling out the flap brace-spar rivets. It really turned out to be no big deal...should have just saved my time and done it. I did discover that the best way to drill out AN470AD4 rivets is to drill with a #40 bit instead of a #30. Jaime caught me drilling out the rivets here.
...here's another picture. Proof of my actually working on this thing...
And eventually...it was gone....This really only took about 20 minutes to drill out...so it wasn't that big of a deal.