Friday December 31st, 2004|
Finished Right Top Skins; Left LE Rivets; Dimpled Left Ribs For Skins
Today I went out and finished squeezing the rear spar to skin rivets on the right wing. I think it looks pretty good!
I almost had a heart attack when I felt the skin between two of the ribs on the outboard skin because it felt a bit loose. I decided to go ahead and continue...attributing the different feel to the thinner skin. It turned out fine and just like any other RV out there.
And here is the 'scarf joint'. I think it turned out fine. When it's painted I think it will look great.
Here's the lap joint of the inboard and outboard skins. The primer sticking out beneath makes it look like there' s a gap. It's only an optical illusion.
Here's a close-up of the joint. Notice the light touch with the edge rolling tool.
Then I ran the conduit through the left wing. Jaime helped me pull it through the wing walk ribs. Her hands are much smaller than my big fat ones...so she was able to pull it through there easier than I was.
Then I squeezed the skin to spar rivets on the left leading edge.
Then I saw this!!! My mind tells me that it *shouldn't* be corrosion because this is a new kit. But my eyes tell me that it probably is. So I sanded it down and I'm going to clean it well and spray some more primer on it the next time I mix a batch.
Then I dimpled the ribs for the top skin attachment. I still need to dimple the rear spar...but that's the last detail before the top skins go on! I hope to have them on before I go back to work on Tuesday.