Tuesday August 17th, 2004|
Finished AEX tiedowns; Started Rear Spars
Today I got my new AEX tiedown stock from Van's and proceeded to match-drill them to the spar, tap, prime and rivet them. Here they are hanging up after I put a second coat on them after they were riveted together. This picture looks crappy but the rattle-can primer I used on these things makes 'em look pretty good.
Next came time to trim these doubler plates for the rear spar. These things are apparantly cut for the 8 wings and you have to trim then down a bit for the 7. This is a little concerning to me, as they get riveted to the rear spar and if the trim job is too much (I'll know when I try and mount them to the fuse), I'll have to tear the wing apart to replace 'em. Oh well..I just followed the dimensions and am hoping for the best. Here's one of the double plates cut but not deburred.