Saturday January 31st, 2004|
Completed Vertical Stabilizer
Today I finished the vertical stabilizer. I had to skip ahead to the h-stab because I made a mistake drilling a h-stab skin. This was the first real thing I primed...and it shows. Oh well, at least it doesn't have to be pretty on the inside.
Here the builder demonstrates an essential part of airplane construction.
Jaime came out and helped me cleco the v-stab understructure to the skin.
Then I began setting rivets. I love my pneumatic squeezer...saves a lot of pain in the hands (and also the most expensive tool I have...but it's worth it).
Excuse the butt shot. Here you can see how I built the entire empenange on my workbenches. No need for jigs in this airplane project.